Monday, January 7, 2013

football & pigs-n-a-blanket recipe.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have not followed much college football this past season.  I love college sports, especially basketball and football, but this season has been filled with a little more than just being able to sit around on a Saturday eating pizza and drinking an adult beverage while watching games all day.  However, tonight, I will be watching Alabama as they take on Notre Dame, and I will temporarily separate myself from my belief that the SEC is the best and root for the Fighting Irish.

Notre Dame is a team I passionately followed during their '06 season coached by Charlie Weis.  I have two words as to why....Brady Quinn.  Cue husband rolling his eyes.  Saturdays, I would glue myself to the tv to watch a super cute quarterback, the dancing leprechaun, and awesome traditions their program continues season after season.  I enjoyed watching Jeff Samardzija, who is now a pitcher for the Cubs - talk about talent, as well as speedy Darius Walker.  They were my team.  I have various t-shirts, hoodies, and jerseys to support my case.

So, tonight, I will be watching a football game - pacing with a crying baby or not.  
If you're planning on watching, too, and you're needing a quick, guaranteed crowd-pleaser....Try pigs-n-a-blanket.  I recently used Nathan's Famous Beef Cocktail Franks, and they were pretty good.  Get one pack of the franks and a couple packs of crescent rolls...Separate the crescent rolls accordingly, and then, further divide them into 2 or 3 sections per triangle.  You can also add cheese, if you want.  Roll the crescent rolls around franks (doesn't have to be perfect) and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

These little piggies are ridiculously easy, and people love 'em!

Happy Monday...enjoy the game.  I gotta go find my jersey for tonight.  I'll give ya one guess whose number I'll be wearing...

-S

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Big Mike is cheering on the fighting Irish as well. I haven't a heart for either team so I'm hoping for a close game. Although with a name like Kathleen I should be cheering on the leprechaun as well. tee hee Always love pig N blankets. Enjoy the game!!!

Stephanie said...

Ha! Yes, you should! Glad to know Big Mike is rootin' for my team. :) Y'all enjoy, too...

Melissa said...

Go Irish!
Go Pigs-n-blankets!

Stephanie said...

:D