Monday, January 28, 2013

winter changes.


During the last couple of weeks, winter has finally decided to make an appearance, which means stronger fires in our woodstove and stronger coffee in our mugs.  I kinda like the cold, gray days that limit outdoor activities and force creativity within the home.  This time last year, I HAD to glue my hiney to our couch with my feet elevated on our coffee table while a large, baby spun freely in my belly.  This year, that large baby is walking (we happily skipped the crawling stage), and proudly giving free, house tours and demonstrations like opening and closing doors, organizing papers all over the floor, and showing us the magic of the TV remote control.  Like the seasons, our lives will continue to change, and it's up to each of us to embrace these bittersweet changes...I know, very "cornball" (as my Momma says) to say, but it's true!

Happy Monday.

-S

"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you....
In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; 
only in the winter, in the country, 
can you have longer, quiet stretches 
when you can savor belonging to yourself."
-Ruth Stout

*Photos were from this past weekend and then today, Mase and I were outside with short sleeves.  ah, Tennessee weather...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the black & white pictures. Enjoy that little man. He will change right before your eyes. See the wonderment of the world through his eyes and everything is new. XOXOX GK

Stephanie said...

Thank you, Kathy.