Friday, December 21, 2012

trees three, four, and five.

So my trees continue... 

I decided to put a three-in-one post together, because these 3 don't have any decorations - just the twinklies.  Plus, I'm all out of Fridays before Christmas!  Anyway, enjoy the rest of the tour...
one:  This tiny cutie is set-up in our bathroom.  I guess that's kinda weird, but we like it.  It's the "after bath time" tree.  We take nugget over to it after his baths...his little, fat, squeaky-clean self just grins so big.  He's not gonna know what to do when his trees are all gone.
two:  This is the ghetto, upstairs tree.  Look people, you can't see the bottom from the road.  No need to put lights on the back either.  This is an older tree (thanks parents) that requires EACH branch to be put on individually in color-coded rows.  I happily just threw these branches on (and tossed some in for filler).  It looks pretty cool from the road - I promise. 

*

three:  Okay.  Let me explain our last tree for today.  We've had a real tree in our living room each Christmas since we got married.  However, since we have the woodstove (this year and last), we can't get it too early, because it will dry out.  This year, we weren't able to get it until late due to being crazy busy and rain.  

When we finally did get out to one of the small, local tree farms, a lot of the good ones had already found homes.  The owner of the tree farm mentioned that he had the "bigger ones" on the back of the farm, in case we wanted to get one and trim it to fit our room.  Why did he say this to us?  We headed straight for the back.  Then, we had that moment in National Lampoons Christmas when Clark sees the obviously-way-too-large-for-any-average-person's-living-room tree.  Yes, it was perfect...and glowing.  I asked the husband, "Are you sure that will fit?"  His response, "Oh ya, I can make it work."  Here he is "making it work:"
See it splits at the bottom, so there's no way to trim the bottom like he thought...and we were NOT trimming the top off, because I wanted a tree topper (just call me Mom).  Be glad you didn't have to sweep the mess it made trying to get through and back out the front door.  Please, notice National Lampoons Christmas is on the TV.  Coincidence?  
So, that tree became our deck tree.  I was kinda bummed we still didn't have a tree in our front room when Mom texted me later that night saying it wasn't too late to get a real tree, because her sister (my Memaw) and her husband (my E.T.) used to get a real tree on the 15th of December every year.  I thought to myself, "That's really late.  We probably will get our's at least before then..."

On the 15th we went back to the tree farm.  The owner was so sweet.  When we explained the "split" in the tree, he thought it had split on us and offered for us to get another one for free.  He didn't know we are crazy tree people who secretly wanted a deck tree and one for our living room.

Anyway, the story continues...

We ended up getting the cutest, little tree for our living room.  This was after I heard the "I can make it work" comment again when my husband was eyeing another tree that was NOT going to work.  

We got home, and we couldn't find a tree stand.  Daddy swears there is one in the back shed.  We've all looked - multiple times.  Then, after a family, Christmas party, we drove around town trying to find one.  Sold out.  My deck looked like this for a little bit...

We were bound and determined to get it set-up that night (the 15th), so we decided to jack the tree stand from the deck tree.  The deck tree is now somehow wrapped to the deck (redneck), and it falls over when the wind blows.  You can bet it just stayed sideways yesterday for all of y'all who know how windy it was here.

My goodness. I might get a fake, "real" tree this year during the after-Christmas sales.

Happy Friday, y'all.

-S

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha Ha Ha....this is the country version of the Smith Trahern (local historical home-Clarksville) Christmas Trees!!!

Now that my dear daughter is making memories....

Unknown said...

What a story to tell Mase about his first Christmas. He does love those lights. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Stephanie said...

Ha! The country version of the Smith Trahern! :) I like that..

Stephanie said...

He has seen it all unfold...see y'all tomorrow...

Eatlovemerry said...

Nice blog

Join our shabby apple giveaway

Anonymous said...

That so cracks me up....all trees/pics pretty, but the LARGE tree rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all this comotion either. meet Mike at Nashville airport in the early morning, and then on to Lebanon I think. Will see you, M, and MBM Monday probably...I'll try to bring you a tree if I see an appropiate one while on my journey to C'ville. TooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooTa Loooooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, Stephanie! LOL Thanks 4 sharing and making me laugh! - Emily King

Melissa said...

Sounds like something JT and the crew would have done...:)

Stephanie said...

thanks! the large tree has a pretty good lean going on... :)

Stephanie said...

WHA-HOO, Uncle T!!!! Can't wait for you to officially meet MBM!!!!! Trees are more than welcome, too. :) Safe travelin'...

Stephanie said...

Emily!!! Ha! Thanks - It's ALL true!! Glad you enjoyed. :)