Tuesday, December 18, 2012

continue.

Yesterday, I took an intentional day off from writing about Christmas projects and such to continue to think about the families who have lost so much after this past Friday.  The strong, common bond of parenthood has made my emotions so much more intense, particularly while I've watched several interviews with parents who who have lost one of their babies.  While I watched one interview through tears, I saw two, devastated parents in their living room, which was completely decorated for Christmas, and then, I glanced over at my little boy who was trying to stand and walk towards me...giggling with each attempt.  

We have to continue to hold tight to our faith and hope...continue to love and continue to find the light in the absolute darkest situations.

Continue to pray with me for Newtown...especially during this holiday season.

-S


"...the wonder we see through their eyes, that fierce and boundless love we feel for them, a love that takes us out of ourselves, and binds us to something larger -- we know that’s what matters." 
-President Obama, Sandy Hook Prayer Vigil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Unknown said...

With a humble heart we pray to our Heavenly Father that he helps to ease their pain.

Melissa said...

Praying for our nation. Such sadness. I'm going to choose to think about the hero teachers and students....

Thank you for the post.