Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memorial Day weekend.

I know it was a couple weeks back, but I still wanted to share this post. :)

My family and I went to 3 different ceremonies for Memorial Day weekend.  My favorite was a luminary tribute in Dover, Tennessee.  We also went to a candlelight vigil and a wreath-laying ceremony, both in Clarksville, Tennessee.  Each of these were beautiful ways to celebrate this holiday.

Below is my Memorial Day weekend in pictures...

-S

7:05 pm





8:32 pm
28 empty chairs symbolizing the missing from the Vietnam War...
Vietnam veteran and retired U.S. Army Colonel Tom Denney 
a few Gold Star Wives of America 
raise your hand if you have served... 
my young man learning about our freedom. 




*You'll notice I have had to remove the Facebook comment option from the blog.  Unfortunately, I had stopped receiving notifications whenever new comments were being published, and after several attempts to adjust it, I decided to completely remove it.  Please, feel free to leave comments on our Facebook page or use the blogger comment section below, which is being heavily monitored due to previous spam issues.  Thank you for understanding. :)

No comments: