Friday, October 19, 2012

crockin' BBQ chicken.

I have a new best friend.  She's a little hot-tempered, but we get along really well.  I don't know why we haven't met sooner, but I'm just thankful we've gotten pretty close the last couple of weeks.  She is savin' my hiney in the kitchen...Her name is crock-pot.  

Happy weekend, y'all!

-S

*

crockin' BBQ chicken

3 chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce - the BEST & super cheap!
2 dashes hot sauce

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of crock pot.  I would highly suggest making sure you don't accidentally buy the kind that has each breast individually wrapped.  I struggled with both hands trying to get each one open...debated on using my teeth - gross, and then, considered using the scissors, but I didn't want chicken juice all over the scissors.  Way too many minutes later, I did get them all open.  Whoever packages those things means serious business.  

In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, chili powder, maple syrup, BBQ sauce, and hot sauce until well blended.

Pour sauce over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours.  Watch a movie with the baby or anything else you want to do - best step of this recipe.  Then, shred the chicken, toss back in the crock-pot, and cook an additional 30 minutes.  Serve on some sliced bread or rolls, if you're fancy.  DONE.

No comments: