Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY halloween day one: spooky flowers.

I'm going to try to post some easy, Halloween crafts for the next week-ish.  Would LOVE to send out a daily post each day until the 31st, but we'll see.  I know, I know - I haven't even posted the junk Mom and I have been going through during the last couple of weeks.  I'll get to it....eventually. :)

Below are some spooky flowers I made a couple years ago...Yes, I specially store them in our Halloween bin when it goes in the attic each year.  Look, this was when I had ALL the time in the world and I proudly claimed four-legged animals as my babies.  Who knows if these will last after this year...

These are easily made with crepe paper streamers, floral wire, and tape.  Now, this is my kind of craft.  I got this idea from {Country Living Magazine}.  The key is making sure you keep a good pinch when you wrap the streamer around the wire (you'll see what I mean in step 2 of the tutorial).  

Here are mine:
Yes, you can still see the floral wire...
Yes, one of the flower "heads" is thrown in there - not attached to anything...
but I think they're neat.

Here is the tutorial if you want to make your own:


Like the Ricky Mortis headstone and black bird?  Both came from Dollar Tree...and the vintage photo came from an antique store.  I have no idea who any of the people are, but they are displayed in my home. :)

Happy Monday!

-S

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Boo!

Stephanie said...

:) make some....well, Dolly would get them.

Unknown said...

Love the black flowers. I spooky looks great.

Stephanie said...

thanks. :)